Apprentice Funeral Director and International Transfer Coordinator - Fraser Valley, BC
Status: Accepting Applications
Alternatives Funeral & Cremation Services in Aldergrove, BC is hiring an Apprentice Funeral Director and International Transfer Coordinator. This full-time permanent position requires a high level of compassion and a caring individual who enjoys helping others. The successful candidate is responsible for consulting with families of the deceased regarding funeral services, disposition of remains and funeral costs, assisting on memorial and traditional funeral services, evening viewings and prayer services, coordinating the transferring decedents to and from Canada, communicating with embassies and consulates, and coordinating with foreign funeral homes and cemeteries.
We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, who enjoy working with and helping people. The ideal candidate will be very organized, have a high sense of urgency, the ability to multitask with a pleasant demeanor. Must be proficient in English and one other European language, and be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
· Excel in both written and verbal English and preferably one other European language communication (preference given to French, Spanish and German)
· Minimum 5 years professional work experience in a related field, working with elderly individuals, including families of such individuals
· Be able to complete the physical demands of the job, including lifting no less than 50 lbs
· Assist with other tasks (cleaning vehicles, assisting with clerical duties)
· Have a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
· Have a Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record
· Have a minimum two-year college program in a relevant field of study
· Must be committed to complete the provincial government’s funeral director and embalmer licensing program.
Compensation, including extended health and dental benefits, is competitive and will be tailored to match the qualification and skill of the individual applicant.
Address: 3070 275A Street, Aldergrove, BC, V4W 3L4
Wage: $25.00 to $26.00 per hour, 40 hours per week
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the requirements above are invited to apply directly with the company by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or faxing to our confidential fax line at (604) 857-9755.